Title: St Mary’s University Sport Symposium 2022
Date: Friday 2nd September 2022
Time: 10am to 4pm
Location: The Waldegrave Suite, St Mary’s University and Online via Zoom
This symposium explores the research underpinning applied practice within sports coaching, leadership and analysis.
- Applied Performance Analysis - Studies of sport from a technical and tactical viewpoint (i.e., PA and data science) and research studying the use of such technologies within sport. Both primary investigations into PA and data with sport are encouraged as are research projects focusing on the way in which PA and data are used to support interdisciplinary teams, coaches and athletes / players.
- Performance analysis
- Data Science
- Technical / tactical analysis
- Process of PA / data science
- Sports Coaching Process and Practice - Studies related to coaching from a theoretical viewpoint within psychology, pedagogy and sociology are encouraged. Research with this theme will address the actions and behaviours of coaches as well as the contextual factors in which a coach operates.
- Sports coaching cultures
- Coach education / professional development
- Games based coach pedagogy
- Coaching behaviour / philosophy / role / behaviour
- Strategic Leadership in Sport - Studies related to leadership and management within sport are welcomed within this theme. Research projects focused on topics such as culture, strategy development and sport governance are welcome.
- High performance models, theories and behaviours
- Coaching, mentoring and leadership dynamics
- Planning, forecasting and strategising in relation to goal-orientation and resources
- Managing governance and commercial development
£30 for in-person attendance (including lunch and refreshments)
£20 for online attendance
Free – St Mary’s University Students - please provide Regnum and remember to bring ID Card to conference.
If booking an online place, a Zoom link will be emailed to you the week of the conference.
St Marys students will need to provide Regnum at booking and must bring St Marys student ID to the symposium.